lundi 5 mai 2014

Gallantry - respect or sexism ?

Gallantry: polite attention or respect given by men to women

When I was in Sweden I experienced real equality between men and women. Without even noticing it, in France there are many "mysoginistic" habits. I wanna talk about gallantry or chivalry. Indeed, in my country and in many others, some rules are following by people. Those rules come from the past and History, but have you ever think about it ?

Being a gentlemen means to pay the bill at the end of dinner, open the car door, help ladies to hold heavy things. Guys are suppose to hold the door to ladies and let them go on first.If you go to Sweden don't expect a guy to hold the door for you or let you in first in an elevator. You can judge him for having rude manners but the thing is that over there, they don't have those kind of mores. 

I don't know if you realised it, but there are many "little" things a guy can offer to a woman like flowers and chocolate. Of course you can make happy your boyfriend but it's always harder to find something "small" for boys (I still have something in mind...).

I think everything comes from the past and when women used to stay at home. Indeed, husbands brought gift to their wives at the end of the day either to apologise to come back late from work or simply to please them and make them happy. Same thing for not sharing the bill at the restaurant, women didn't work, guys could afford it.  


Nowadays, Men and Women are socially equal but in my opinion it's more a matter of seduction than sexism. That's the way father raised their sons. Moreover, almost every guys are following those manners so it would be awkward to be the only one transgressing the rules. I don't like when guys pay the bill at the end of a date but I found it stupid to split it as well. 

Here is the thing guys, if you go on a date with me one night, I would insist to pay the bill. If you refuse and I leave you pay, that's because I like you and I will see you again ( So I could pay for you this time). In the opposite case, I would split the bill cause I'm not gonna leave someone to pay if I won't ever see him again. 


Many craps happen on the planet. In my country, I totally have the same right than a man (on the paper at least). In many countries, there is still gender discrimination. I won't fight for something as cute as gallantry, so guys keep doing it ! 



Cheers

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire